Inspirational Women - Susan Kruse
Posted on: Monday 19th May 2014
Name: - Susan Kruse
Job title: - Tutor
Tell us a bit about your role: - Tutor on heritage courses for the WEA and ARCH
Relationship to WEA W@W:- I’ve been a WEA student, WEA Local Association committee member, former W@W Local Network Co-ordinator
Hobby: - Gardening- when there’s time
1. What would you tell your 16 year old self?
You can do what you want- have confidence and learn to negotiate
2. What was your first Job?
Working in recycling centre at town dump. (In the early days of recycling)
3. What Woman/Women have inspired you?
· My Mother who struggled in the 1950’s.
· My Grandmother who lived to be 103, coping with two world wars and upheaval.
· Prof Janet Nelson (Lecturer, author, teacher and nice person).
· Suffragists for inspiration on campaigning for their beliefs
4. What one change do you believe would make the biggest difference to the life of women?
Tolerance for all
5. Who would be your ideal dinner guests?
Close friends- One should make the time
6. What is the best advice you have been given?
Try to stand in other people’s shoes to understand their view points
7. Favourite holiday spot?
Scotland, Scandinavia, New Hampshire